With about 26 miles of Atlantic coastline, who wouldn’t want to build a new custom home in Southern Delaware?! According to movoto.com, Delaware has only three counties in the entire state giving it a nice familiar hometown feel. Community is a big part of the culture and Delaware home builders strive to encourage togetherness through the design of all inclusive communities. But first, here are four reasons why you should move beachside and speak to Delaware home builders about that new custom home you’ve been thinking about.
1. The Great Outdoors: Between the beaches and the state parks, Southern Delaware is a small coastal area that beckons people to their many beaches. There is a water oasis for every personality. If you’re a quiet historian, research Lewes Beach. If you’re the outgoing energetic type, hop over to Dewey Beach. If you’re moving an entire family, herd the kids to Bethany Beach. If you’re not the beach type, then take a hike…literally!
- Hiking: Grab your hiking boots and traverse through Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge right along the Delaware Bay. After moving, it’s the perfect way to wind down watching the variety of wildlife in the freshwater and salt marshes.
2. No Taxes: Delaware does not require sales tax on their items so the price on the tag is the price you pay. There is also no vehicle tax! For permanent moving purposes, income tax rates are one of the lowest in the country and the best part? Ask the Delaware home builders about real estate tax. That new custom home should have one of the lowest real estate rates in the U.S.
3. Festivals: When you tire of never paying taxes while you’re out shopping, you can take a break at one of the many festivals Southern Delaware has to offer. Rehoboth Beach alone offers a viewing of their sandcastle contest in August perfect for an evening stroll with the family. In October, they bring the boardwalk to life with a Sea Witch Halloween and Fiddler Festival complete with a costume contest for dogs.
4. Community Living: All around the state, Delaware has a homey feel bordered by beach communities. When selecting a spot for your new home, it is worth taking the time to consider an all inclusive community. All inclusive communities offer some of the best amenities for each family member to enjoy. These could include, but are not limited to community pools, gym services, yoga classes, dog parks, and even lawn care maintenance. The whole idea of an inclusive community is to bring neighbors together and strengthen Delaware’s community.